I LOVE Sharpie Metallic Markers for Coloring Adult Coloring Books!
Okay, how long have Sharpie Metallic Markers been available? I feel like I’ve been missing out on something. I’ve seen metallic gel pens (and have reviewed some here) but I never knew I could buy Sharpie Metallic Markers! Come on! How did I miss this memo? Sharpie – can you put me on a list or something? When you come out with something as cool as Sharpie Metallic Markers I need to know!
My husband surprised me with my first Sharpie Metallic Markers recently for my birthday. Let me just get this out of the way – I LOVE THEM! They are available in gold, bronze, and silver. Here is a package of six (two of each color) for a great price. I colored this page using the three metallic colors and three regular Sharpie colors – black, blue, and red. These would be wonderful not only for coloring adult coloring books, but also for holiday projects and all kinds of crafting.
- Sharpie put the name of the color on each marker. That is my only complaint about their other makers – how about it Sharpie? Let’s get all of those marker colors named!
- Velvet smooth to color with. Almost as if you are using paint.
- Dries very fast, like all Sharpie products.
- Beautiful, shiny effect and bold colors
- Excellent coverage and no stroke marks.
- The Bronze and Gold color are very similar in color and hard to distinguish from each other. (I used the Bronze in the blue half circles)
- The package recommends storing with “tip down.” I’ve never seen that on their other products.
- There aren’t enough colors. I’ve only seen three so far. But I’m hoping for more!
- These colors are not transparent, so if you go over the line on your page, that line will be erased. That can be a pro or con, depending on how you like to color.
- Odor is stronger than with regular markers.
Yes, I love these Sharpie Metallic Markers. I can’t wait to color another picture and use them. Now, I’m going to go see if Sharpie has a mailing list for new products….
Image from Volume 2 of the 2 Old 2 Color series of adult coloring books – 2 Old 2 Color: Playful Heart